Wednesday, June 28, 2017

A Few Bottle Crafts

I have saved all of our bottles from our special occasions for what seems like forever (especially if you're my husband and have had to haul them from house to house with every move...;)) But this summer I have finally been able to put to good use all of that Pinterest research on glass bottle crafts... here are a few of the things I've done so far ~




3 Two-Tone Decorative Bottles: 


Because these bottles had labels that were etched into them, I needed a heavy spray paint that would coat well. I used several coats of Hammered Paint and Primer in one by Rust-Oleum and then sprayed on a metallic almost champagne rose color just around the neck and let it ombre down the bottle to give it a beautiful pop of color. I really love them... now just to find a place to put them!;)


Artificial Terrarium:


This sweet little terrarium turned out so much better than I had even imagined. It's a Crown Royale bottle with the label obviously removed, making a perfect little frame for whatever is inside. The butterflies are made from a punch and then embellished by adhesive back rhinestones. The flowers are pieces of a larger bouquet of fake flowers. Long tweezers would've come in very handy for this project, but since I didn't have any a kebab skewer worked great! Double stick picture tape was my go-to adhesive for this one -not too sticky and clear! 



Shabby Chic Tri-Bottle Vase:





I used 3 small bottles for this one. I'm loving the metallic spray paint! It took several coats, but the shimmering color brightens up the room.:) The rest of the design is pretty plain to see... burlap and lace wrap the bottles, and then is sewed tightly together to hold them in place, the bow is sewn on separately because I felt that tying a bow with the burlap would make it way too big and bulky. I think some pretty live white daisies would make this a beautiful centerpiece as well. 


So keep those bottles and make them into something unforgettable!;) 



No comments:

Post a Comment