Monday, June 19, 2017

A Few Paintings


Here are a few of the paintings I have done over the last couple of months. I am obsessed with texture and roses.:) 



This one was done with a thickening medium and painted layers, and then the flowers were marbled with paint and medium and then placed with a palette knife. Lots of fun, and popping with 3D expression - can't get much more texture than that!;) 



Acrylic roses have quickly become my favorite "go-to" item to paint. When there's a blank canvas begging to be made vibrant with color, and I feel that artistic craving to blend some paint together - roses it is!



Watercolor canvases... wow. Talk about fun! No taping the paper, no unsightly wrinkles, easy corrections... With all that you'd think my lines would be perfected, wouldn't you? Nope. When your imagination gets put on a canvas, imperfections highlight the fanciful nature of the captured dream. At least that's what I tell myself.;)



This is watercolor on watercolor paper. It's a painting inspired by the stories told from the "OUR Rescue" team - an organization created to save children who are in the clutches of sex slavery all around the world. I wanted the image to combine all ethnicities - a way of stating all races, all children all around the world are OUR children... OUR responsibility... OUR obligation... OUR HOPE. Take up the torch and light the way to freedom. For more information on OUR rescue visit http://ourrescue.org and while you're there please donate to the cause. Your donation WILL make a difference. 



The texture and color on this one are certainly not captured by this quick cellphone pic. It will hopefully be the first in a series of three paintings of similar design, but different colored shading. I'm thinking of going with an aqua green one and then a purple one as well, but maybe it should be yellow...Hmmm... We shall see. It should happen soon... I have the canvases, but need more medium... lots of medium.;) Textured paintings get pricey, let me tell ya! But they're worth it. 

:)

Thanks for stopping by and checking out the artwork! 




No comments:

Post a Comment